Chandra Stead LMT
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING!
Reopening Protocols & Procedures after COVID-19 Closure
Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, I am taking extra precautions with the intake of each client, health history review, as well as sanitation and disinfecting practices.
Massage Therapy is governed by the State Medical Board of Ohio and is subject to its rules and regulations along with the Ohio Department of Health Responsible Restart Guidelines.
The whole office must be sanitized and disinfected between every client. I will have reduced hours and blocked times for cleaning between appointments. (I also have reduced childcare options.)
- All massages are by appointment only. (No 120min appointments)
- Please text me when you park so I know you have arrived. You must stay in your car until I let you know that you may come into the office. I will call you to do a health check over the phone.
- Masks are mandatory. You will not be admitted without one. If you do not have a mask or your mask is not providing appropriate coverage. I will provide a disposable mask for your visit. (I have an autoimmune disease. There is no leeway in this policy.)
- You must submit to a temperature check at the door. A non-touch infrared thermometer will be used to take your temperature.
- If your temperature is at 100 degrees or higher you need to go home. You will not be admitted to your appointment.
- If you are experiencing Fever, Chills, Cough, Sore throat, Diarrhea, Sinus congestion, Loss of taste or smell, fatigue, shortness of breath, sudden onset of muscle soreness (not related to activity), Rash or skin lesions, Bruising, redness, swelling or cramping in the lower legs and feet, and red or purple toes please cancel your appointment immediately and seek medical attention.
- If you have been traveling. I request that you have been home for 14 days or more before your appointment.
- If you have been eating at dine-in restaurants you need to wait 14 days before your appointment.
- If you yourself have had or have been knowingly exposed to COVID-19 please be symptom-free, test negative and at least 30 days from contracting or known exposure to the virus before scheduling your appointment.
You made it through the door!
Things will look a lot different. We have been asked to remove all clutter and soft surfaces that cannot be easily disinfected. Everything will be put away or boxed up to facilitate cleaning.
What to expect during your appointment:
- I will be wearing a mask, eye protection, apron, and gloves.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- You will have your temperature checked with a no-touch thermometer, and be asked to sign a release form.
- We will not hang out in the waiting room and we will go directly to the treatment room. Unless you need to use the bathroom first. (Please wash your hands)
- There will be hooks provided for your clothing/ purse etc. Please do not place them on the floor.
- Please do not unnecessarily touch surfaces.
- You will be required to wear a mask on the table with the exception of being prone (in the facedown position.) There will be a pillowcase tucked under your face rest during this time. You must keep your head in the face rest at all times. I can hear you just fine. Please do not lift your head.
- There will be air purifiers in use at all times and the window will be partially open to allow for fresh air flow. The furnace is also set to circulate clean air.
- Please limit your talking during the massage to input on pressure and areas that need to be addressed as it increases the risk of transmission when in close quarters. (This will be super hard for me too!)
- Please do not touch your face if possible. If you do I will give you hand sanitizer.
- If you need to cough or sneeze please be courteous and use the crook of your arm or tissue followed by using hand sanitizer. Do not pull down your mask.
- Please stand 6ft away when you can.
- I am no longer allowed to provide water for clients. You must bring your own or leave it in the car.
- In order to reduce contact at checkout. You may still pay with a credit card at checkout with a touchless chip reader, Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Venmo (Renewal Therapeutic Massage) *If you use cash please try to have the amount needed without change.
- We can't hang out after the appointment in order to reduce contact time but if you need to talk or book another appointment please go to the car and I can chat with you via phone. Remember I have to clean everything before the next client comes in.
*Be aware I have to keep records of all appointments to facilitate contact tracing if need be.
I know this is a lot of new information to process. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Hopefully, we will get through this sooner rather than later but until then this is the new reality for now.
I truly have the best clients a Massage Therapist could ask for!
Chandra Stead LMT
At Renewal Therapeutic Massage I am focused on providing high-quality therapeutic massage. I specialize in treating chronic pain and injuries. Many of the clients I treat have complex issues. I enjoy figuring out the best treatment plan for you and the challenge of getting to the root cause of your pain. My business is based on the belief that my client's needs are of the utmost importance. I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of my business is from repeat customers and referrals.
Client feedback is important to me.
Did you have a great experience? Do you have a massage related question?
Email: chandra[email protected]
(Please do not use email to book appointments.)